Travel Map

Friday, July 30, 2010

So Close!

I have three weeks left in Colorado and I'm getting really excited!  Have to do all the little errands I'm not sure how to do over there:  getting my purse fixed, visit to my asthetician, haircut, purchasing goods only available in the US (livescribe pen), and saying goodbyes!  The closer it gets the more I realize it IS finally happening!  I emailed the professor who shared her beautiful country with her students 2 years ago and informed her of my future trip, she was pretty excited. 
It's still hard to realize that in 3 weeks my life will be infinitely different.  I've really enjoyed my time abroad before but I've never moved anywhere....hopefully I'll love it as much as I think I will.  Some of the advice offered by seasoned students included, "make an effort to get to know the local population."  Um....yea, isn't that why someone would choose a school in a different country?  Apparently a lot of American students were too stressed out by their environment to bother with making "foreign" friends.  Heads up- you're the foreigner.  That's one of the things I'm the most excited about.  The university students we met in Tanta were so hospitable and wonderful, I won't expect less from Cairo students. 
I get to take classes again!! I really do love school and it's been hard without anything motivating my studying. 
3 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment