Travel Map

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ah School

Now that school has started I have less to write about...fewer adventures and more time in.  It's still only the end of the second week of classes so I'm still getting a feel for things.  However, I can't help feeling dumb.  I know wherever you are in life there's someone smarter or more cutting edge and you should only compete with yourself bla blah...
I'm excited to start my research although I have no idea how to do it and where to begin.  I suppose I need to work with two agencies mainly but I don't know whom I should speak with and what I exactly want to know.  Well, such is the start of a Masters I guess.  I'm scared because a few people I've talked to seem to think my thesis will have to be twice as long as normal since it will be for two degrees.  That's about 250 pages.  That's a book!  I tried writing a book once, never finished....
I feel slightly renewed in my fervor, however, as it seems an opportunity has presented itself.  It may not pan out but it could be another rewarding experience and something valuable for my cv.  Speaking of, I applied for a winter internship at the World Health Organization.  They say it's really hard to be chosen so I'm not worrying about it.  I figure if they see my name enough they'll eventually pay attention.  (the only issue if I do get chosen is finding funding to pay for it since all expenses are my responsibility but I'll worry about it if it come to that).

I love that every time I leave campus I have a story.  Long story short- wanted to see the pyramids at sunset and get some cool pics. Taxi driver didn't know where the pyramids where.  THE pyramids.  Last remaining wonder of the ancient world PYRAMIDS and he took us to pyramid street.  Oh my.  And everyone neglected to tell us that the pyramids close, that's right, at sunset.  So....we went to Zamalek and had a nice little night out.  Real trip to the pyramids postponed until we make plans and double check that the pyramids will be open.  Still not sure how you close something like that, it's like closing a mountain....

No comments:

Post a Comment