Travel Map

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Much too ful

This entry will be brief.
Made it through another day without "cheating" on the fast.
Went to the usual salsa club for a karaoke night.  The place was all decorated for Ramadan and looked so nice. There were some really good people singing which of course discouraged me from trying. Also, a lot of the songs were arabic, and I hesitated to ruin the flow of the evening by throwing in some random old-school country.  There were 2 salsa songs that I got to dance which made me feel better about missing last night.  However, dancing salsa is a challenge, especially when one is wearing cheap 50 le flip flops with crystalline flowers adorning them.  I did manage to keep them on my feet and ironically, it was my partner who had to stop the dance to tie his shoe :)
Sahoor was soooo  much food but sooo tasty.  Ful, bread, white cheese, tea, juice, water....I'm too full to lay here or think properly.  I really think my stomach is shrinking.  Makes you think about people who never get to have a huge meal, are always hungry, and never know when their next meal will come.  I want to find a way to help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment