Travel Map

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Running out of Time

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom and got almost everything I need.  Today is cleaning/moving day/say goodbye to Tom day and tomorrow I’ll hang out with my parents.  Oh man, I can’t believe I’m leaving in just 4 short days!  Summer took forever but the last 2 weeks have flown by.  I got some long pants that should be cooler than jeans (I hope) and some undershirts so I don't have to buy a whole new bunch of shirts, along with cosmetics and toiletries.    I know I won’t be camping or anything but I don’t want to have to attempt a major store run when I get there.  I think I’ll be ok, and if not maybe the campus store will have things. Still need a converter….

I’m enjoying a nice last day of autonomy.  Drinking some beautiful french press, watching a dumb movie, clean house, happy animals.  After today I’ll be living with people again and have to cherish moments of solitude.  I can’t wait to meet my fellow grad students and start exploring Cairo!  Back to the sites and the souks and awahs (bazaars and coffee houses). I have this bad habit of imagining all the bad things that could happen as a mode of preparation, but it also causes me anxiety.  I need to remember how much I loved it 2 years ago and how ready I am to go back and start my research.  It’s so exciting- my classes are going to be great and I will not procrastinate on my homework! (maybe if I say it here i can be held accountable.) 

I’m ready to go to !القاهرة

No comments:

Post a Comment